In the framework of the opening ceremony of the International Conference "BIOMASS FOR ENERGY 2017" the presentation of the professional bioenergy award "Golden Miscanthus 2017" was held.
The following nominees received the following prizes in 5 nominations:
- Capacity Building - PU "Bioenergy Association of Ukraine", a branch organization in the field of alternative energy sources, was established in 2013 with the aim of increasing energy independence of Ukraine by supporting the bioenergy industry.
- Science - Mykola Royik, Academician, Professor, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Director of the Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet of NAASU (Kyiv), acting Academician-Secretary of the Department of Plant Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Technologies and equipment - company "Kriger" - a vertically integrated energy holding, which unites: Boiler factory "Kriger", Krigerboilerservice, Kriger Energy, Krigerbake.
- Project of the Year - Agro-energy company "Salix Energy" that proposes plantation of energy willow, sale of seedlings, provision of harvesting services and production of energy willow wood chips, supply of energy willow chips as solid biofuel to bio-CHP plants in Ukraine and in Europe; supply of energy willow chips as raw material for pellets.
- Jurisprudence - Georgiy Geletukha, who has been working at the Institute of Technical Thermophysics of the National Academy of Sciences for more than 15 years, managing the bioenergy department. In 2013 he founded the Public Union "Bioenergy Association of Ukraine".