The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts, that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors.
PFAN achieves this by:
- providing free business coaching to projects,
- increasing the chances of attracting investment; and
growing its investor outreach.
PFAN hosting structure:
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) www.unido.org
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) www.reeep.org
PFAN goals are to build clean energy markets one business at a time, mitigate climate change and mobilise private investment in support of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Main services PFAN can offer for project developers:
- Investment readiness assessment
- Development and optimization of business model and financing structure
- Assistance in preparation and final improvement of project documents (business plan, financial model, feasibility study, etc.).
- Identification of potential investors and financiers
- Introduction to investors at support of PFAN investment facilitation team
- Investment facilitation: structuring and negotiating contracts with investors to receive funding.