Civic union "Bioenergy Association of Ukraine" (UABio) was established in 2013.
Mission: to ensure fast and sustainable development of bioenergy in Ukraine.
Members: 25 companies and 15 physical persons and more than 20 experts in the field of bioenergy.
1. Bioenergy lobby through legislative activities and cooperating with government agencies in Ukraine:
- impact on policy documents in the energy sector of Ukraine: public and industrial programs, the Energy Strategy etc.
- influence on and development the state and sectoral standards and norms
- influence on and development draft Laws and Laws in the energy sector of Ukraine
2. Organizing bioenergy connected: conferences, seminars, working meetings, workshops
3. Preparation of analytical papers, articles, presentations
4. Creation of a positive image of bioenergy in society, promoting this trend in Ukraine and presenting position of the Association on key issues of bioenergy sector development.
- Preparing monthly informational digest and sending it to base with 6000+ professional contacts
- Maintenance of UABio web-site
5. Establishment of cooperation with European and international professional associations and organizations.
6. Participation in bioenergy projects in Ukraine and dissemination of important results of such projects.
7. Providing consulting, methodical and informational assistance to members of the Association during development of bioenergy projects.
8. Establishment of cooperation with higher education institutions, institutes of NAS of Ukraine and NAAS of Ukraine in the field of bioenergy.
9. Promoting research and development work in the field of bioenergy.